Did you know that you are better looking when you smile? In fact, you’re seen as more attractive, relaxed, reliable, and sincere.
A study in the journal Neuropsychologia reported that an attractive smiling face activates the region of the brain that processs sensory rewards. In other words, when you smile other people feel rewarded!
But what if you don’t like to smile? What if your yellow teeth keep you from smiling?
At Comfort Dental Centre Buderim, we have answers for yellow teeth, from preventive techniques to efficient treatments. We are your partner in beautiful, white smiles!
Culprits in Yellow Teeth
There are many causes of yellow or discoloured teeth. A few of the most common:
Drinks: Coffee and red wine are commonly known culprits. But other drinks with high acidity, such as soda, juices, tea, and even sports drinks can cause stains. Even white wine isn’t off the hook, because its tannins and acidic nature wear away at the tooth enamel.
Certain Foods: Coloured candies, popsicles and other bright foods can cause staining over time. Even healthy foods such as berries (blueberries, cranberries, raspberries) can stain teeth. Ketchup, curry and other sauces can cause staining problems over time, too.
Natural Ageing Process: Put simply, teeth yellow over time. It’s a natural part of the ageing process that the white protective coating of the enamel wears down over time. So the longer you have your teeth, the more likely they are to become yellow or discoloured.
Damage to teeth and gums due to trauma: Cracked, chipped, or unhealthy teeth are more likely to yellow.
Fluorosis: Excessive fluoride intake can cause yellowing.
Smoking, other tobacco products, and alcoholic beverages: These items are bad for your general health as well as leading to staining and unhealthy teeth and gums.
Certain drugs and medications: Antibiotics and other drugs can lead to yellowing and staining.
Preventing Yellow Teeth, Treating Yellow Teeth
1. Avoid Staining Foods/Drinks When Possible: Not everyone is going to be able to give up their morning coffee, but even reducing the intake of staining foods can help. Sometimes simply being aware can help us make better choices.
2. Drink Water: After you’ve consumed a tooth-staining food or drink try to immediately follow it with a glass of water. Swirling water around your mouth can drastically help clear away the acids or staining. This simple step is free and easy, and can drastically help reduce tooth discolouration.
3. Proper Dental Hygiene: Proper brushing, flossing and regular dental checkups at Comfort Dental Centre can help keep teeth healthy for a lifetime. Develop these habits early and you’re less likely to have dental problems down the line.
4. Sip Through A Straw: To prevent staining, or restaining, after you’ve used a whitener, consider drinking beverages such as coffee, tea, and cola through a straw to avoid staining your teeth again.
5. Scrub Gently: Just as abrasive products could scrub away enamel, overly aggressive brushing can expose the deeper-hued dentine, which, ironically, could make your teeth look even dingier.
Teeth Whitening Systems at Comfort Dental Centre Buderim
In-office Teeth Whitening: In-office whitening is done at the clinic. Your dentist at Comfort Dental Centre will use a peroxide-based gel that works upon contact with your teeth. Teeth can be whitened to up to eight shades in just one hour. The procedure is quick and amazing results can be achieved almost instantaneously.
Take Home Teeth Whitening: A professional home teeth whitening kit is simple to use and cost-effective. You use the kit to whiten your teeth in the comfort of your own home. The whitening kit includes a custom mouthpiece to hold the whitening gel solution close to your teeth. To avoid possible adverse effects and ensure the effectiveness of treatment, your dentist will provide detailed instructions on how to use the product.
Comfort Dental Centre uses Zoom! Whitening Systems. This offers the best cosmetic dental whitening available and whitens your teeth better and faster. Zoom! has been clinically proven to be safe and efficient. With good dental habits, you will have very minimal whitening loss over time. These treatments are delicate for your teeth and gums.
Our Teeth Whitening Offer
Lifetime Teeth Whitening – $399 $259 (trays and medicament) and top-up whitening syringe FREE if you visit for a check-up and clean every 6 to 7 months.
We are conveniently located on Wises Road near the Sunshine Motorway with convenient parking and we are open six days a week!