Everyone wants a great smile, and white teeth are part of that.
We instinctively know, and science has proved, that a great smile can have profound effects on our confidence, social life, professional life, and love life.
This is why, at Comfort Dental Centre Buderim, we hear one question about cosmetic dentistry far more often than the next two combined.
That question is, “How can I make my teeth whiter?”
The answer to this question is that teeth whitening in a dental office has become increasingly common, safe, affordable, and effective.
And, to protect the whiteness of your existing teeth (or your newly whitened teeth), there are a few strategies you can follow as well.
Compared to whitening products found in stores or DIY products described on websites, the whitening products at Comfort Dental Centre Buderim are safer, stronger, and allow maximum contact with your teeth.
That means they are quicker and more effective!
Causes of discolouration
Discolouration and staining take place in the enamel.
There are two types:
- Intrinsic staining is inside the teeth and results typically from trauma, too much fluoride exposure to developing teeth, or some medications.
- Extrinsic staining is to the surface enamel and results typically from bad oral hygiene, smoking, and consumption of foods or drinks that stain (e.g. wine or coffee).
Steps you can take to fight discolouration
Here is a quick list of what you can do about these stain/discolouration sources
Foods and drinks cause extrinsic stains (the outer surface of the tooth).
To avoid these stains:
- A balanced diet that provides good nutrition can promote healthy teeth. Nutrients, including vitamin C, vitamin D, calcium and others, are essential to oral health. But beyond that, stay away from foods that stain. These are many, from balsamic vinegar to tea, and if you are concerned about stains, you can find a list of dangerous foods on the Internet.
- Rinse your mouth with water after eating or drinking.
- Chew sugar-free gum to increase saliva flow and wash staining agents away.
- Use whitening toothpaste while being careful about its abrasive quality.
- Brush twice a day and floss once.
- Get regular clean and checkups, scales and cleans if needed, to remove plaque, tartar, and surface stains.
As we age, gums recede and roots are exposed, and enamel thins to show more of the yellow dentin below. Because this is natural it can’t be entirely prevented, but can be managed:
- Brush with a soft or extra-soft toothbrush and don’t “scrub” the tooth surface.
- Avoid products that abrade the teeth (ironically, this can include some toothpaste!).
Trauma can be partially avoided with the use of mouthguards when playing sports and splints to protect against grinding. Comfort Dental Centre Buderim can help you with this.
Whitening Treatments at Comfort Dental Centre Buderim
So, how can we help you achieve whiter teeth?
Regular checkups and cleans, but we also offer various ways to turn up your tooth whiteness, including chemical whitening and cosmetic dentistry.
Comfort Dental Centre offers two whitening solutions. In-chair whitening is almost instantaneous, while our at-home kits take up to two weeks.
In-chair whitening uses whitening peroxide, activated by shining a special light, and the treatment is complete within two hours.
You walk into our office with dingy teeth, and a short time later you step out into the world with a new, shiny, smile!
The results of these procedures can be maintained and enhanced either by at-home touchups or through additional bleaching procedures.
At-home whitening begins moulds of your teeth that are used to construct custom-fitted bleaching trays.
Once you receive the trays, you fill them with whitening gel daily, whenever convenient in your schedule, and apply them for the period we recommend.
This is repeated daily or nightly over a few weeks until your teeth are as white as you desire.
At-home whitening has three advantages:
- You determine how white your teeth should be before moving on to maintenance.
- It provides its own maintenance system – you can touch up your whitening as you wish
- Sensitive or private patients can control their own whitening procedure.
Porcelain veneers are wafer-thin porcelain caps bonded onto the face of your front teeth to achieve a pleasing result. They can be placed on one or all of your front teeth.
Comfort Dental Centre Buderim Cares
Comfort Dental Centre Buderim provides expert care for healthy, beautiful smiles.
When you leave our office not only will you be happy with the treatment you received, but also how well you were treated.
We serve patients from Buderim and surrounding areas with top-notch dentistry.
Our dental practice in Buderim provides the highest quality of dental care, in a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere, with a commitment to excellent customer service.
Our Teeth Whitening Promotions
In-Chair Teeth Whitening for $359 only
Lifetime teeth whitening – $259 (trays and medicament) and top-up whitening syringe FREE if you visit for a check-up and clean every 6 to 7 months.
For more information about teeth whitening and its treatment process, contact Comfort Dental Centre Buderim today or simply book your appointment online.
Call (07) 5370 8865 or visit us at T204B, 32 Wises Road in Buderim.