If you’re here, you’ve probably got dental implants or you’re looking to get dental implants and you’re also probably wondering how to take care of them to make the most out of your investment. We’re here today to guide you through the process of maintaining your dental implants, giving you the tips and tricks you need to ensure your smile remains as healthy and bright as the day you got your implants.
What are Dental Implants?
So first up, what exactly are dental implants? They are essentially artificial tooth roots that are typically made from titanium that fuse with your jawbone. This is known as osseointegration and it provides a solid foundation for an artificial tooth prosthetic to fit snugly on top such as a crown, bridge or some dentures. Once they’ve been fully integrated you’ll be left with a smile that looks and feels natural, with a functionality that many other methods can’t match.
The Dental Implant Process
The process for getting dental implants may seem complicated on the surface but it’s actually a really easy process. Our experienced dentists follow a meticulous process that ensures your dental implants come out perfectly. The process starts with a thorough consultation and evaluation of your medical and dental health. We’ll look for any issues in your oral health and lifestyle habits that could impact the outcome of your dental implants and make a decision to see if they’re right for you.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants come with a host of benefits, here are just a few:
- Improved Oral Health: Unlike traditional bridges, dental implants don’t require altering your adjacent teeth. This means that more of your natural teeth are left intact, which is beneficial for long-term oral health.
- Enhanced Comfort and Confidence: Implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures and give you the confidence to eat, smile, and engage in social activities without worrying about your teeth.
- Durability and Reliability: Implants are very durable and can last many years, often for a lifetime with proper care.
- Better Speech and Eating: Poor-fitting dentures can slip within the mouth, causing slurred speech or difficulty in eating. Dental implants allow you to speak and eat with ease.
- Preservation of Jawbone: Empty spaces left by lost teeth can lead to deterioration of the jawbone. Dental implants stimulate and preserve natural bone, helping to maintain your facial structure.
Tips for Maintaining Your Dental Implants
- Commit to Good Oral Hygiene: Regular brushing and flossing are paramount. Treat your implants as you would your natural teeth, maintaining a diligent oral hygiene routine to prevent infections like peri-implantitis.
- Regular Dental Check-Ups: Visit us in Buderim every six months or as recommended. These check-ups allow us to monitor your implants and overall oral health.
- Mind Your Diet: Immediately after your implant procedure, stick to soft foods and avoid hard, chewy, or sticky items. This precaution aids in the healing process and protects your new implants.
- Quit Smoking: Smoking can really slow down the healing process and negatively impact the longevity of your dental implants so it’s best to try to quit smoking.
- Protect Your Implants: If you play sports, consider wearing a mouthguard to protect your implants from any potential damage.
- Avoid Hard and Sticky Foods: Especially in the early stages post-implantation, it’s important to avoid hard and sticky foods that could dislodge or damage the implant.
- Use Low-Abrasive Toothpaste: Choose a toothpaste that’s gentle on implants to avoid scratching the surfaces.
- Avoid Alcohol Consumption: Excessive alcohol consumption can negatively impact the durability of your implants and therefore you should limit how much alcohol you consume..
- Protect Against Grinding: If you have a habit of grinding or clenching your teeth, consider getting a night guard to protect your implants.
Signs You Should Consider Dental Implants
- Missing One or More Teeth: Implants are an excellent option for replacing a single tooth, multiple teeth, or all of your teeth.
- Trouble with Dentures: If you find dentures uncomfortable or inconvenient, implants could be a more stable and comfortable solution.
- Sunken Facial Appearance: Missing teeth can lead to a sunken look due to bone loss. Implants help preserve the bone and maintain your facial structure.
- Difficulty Eating or Speaking: If missing teeth or dentures are impacting your ability to eat or speak, implants can restore these essential functions.
Are Dental Implants Right for You?
Dental implants are a popular choice for many, but they’re not suitable for everyone. Your dentist at will thoroughly evaluate your dental and medical history to determine if you’re a good candidate for dental implants.
The Cost of Dental Implants in Buderim
The cost of getting dental implants can vary, but at Comfort Dental Centre in Buderim, we believe in transparent and affordable dental care. We’re happy to discuss the costs, risks, and benefits during your consultation, ensuring you have all the information you need to make an informed decision. We always look for ways to help you manage the cost of your dental care, that’s why we’re proud to accept all major health funds and are preferred providers for NIB, Frank, HCF, AIA and more! We also offer a range of flexible payment plans including Afterpay and Zip.
Our Commitment to You
At Comfort Dental Centre Buderim, we pride ourselves on providing high-quality dental care.
Our team of experienced dentists is well-versed in the latest implant technology and techniques, ensuring you receive the best possible care.
Our goal is to provide the highest quality of dental care in a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere. We strive to make every patient feel like a guest rather than just a patient, and we’re committed to ensuring you’re happy not just with the treatment you receive, but also with how well you are treated.
Maintaining dental implants is crucial for their longevity and your overall oral health. By following these tips and keeping up with regular dental check-ups, you can ensure your new smile stays healthy and beautiful for years to come.
If you’re considering dental implants or looking for a dental check-up in Buderim, don’t hesitate to contact us at (07) 5370 8865. Our friendly staff at Comfort Dental Centre Buderim are here to assist you. Visit our website to learn more about our services, promotions, and to book your appointment. Remember, your journey to a healthy, beautiful smile is just a call away!